Enterprise Life Assurance Company Limited (ELAC)
Enterprise Life Assurance Company Limited (ELAC) was incorporated in the year 2000 with the initial shareholders as Enterprise Insurance Company, a listed general insurance company in Ghana, African Life (now Sanlam Sky) a South African Life Insurance Company and the International Finance Corporation, the commercial wing of the World Bank.
Our current shareholding comprises of Enterprise Group Limited (51%) and Sanlam (49%).
Nature of Business
ELAC operates as a specialist Life Insurance Company.
ELAC provides Life Assurance products that are affordable and innovative, designed to meet the needs of our policyholders.
Our Vision is to be the leader in the life Assurance Service Delivery in Ghana.
And we will do so by providing innovative and affordable life Assurance products and high quality assurance service delivered by a motivated team of employees to meet the expectations of our policyholder and shareholders.
The ELAC brand is based on the concept of the “Thoroughbred”.
The Thoroughbred is a horse of outstanding pedigree with an inherent disposition to be the best. Born of outstanding parentage, excellence is just our nature.
This endows us with sheer power and muscle, and it is that which drives us to deliver the quality service and solutions our policy holders’ desire and expect. This is why our policy holders confidently testify that, truly they are Rest Assured.
Insurance delivery with a heart….
Our theme rides on the fact that our processes and everything we embark on at ELAC resonates from within. We chose the heart because the heart symbolizes the purity of our intentions towards our policy holders’ and the centrality of those intensions towards our policy holders’ present and future well-being.
Thus At ELAC:
- We seek to understand
- Are here to protect
- Driven to Surprise
- Desire to inspire our policy holder…..
all in an effort to make our cherished clients feel “a part” – included in the ever growing ELAC family.
Consequently, as an insurer who has the interest of its customers AT HEART, we seek to meet our policy holders at their point of need.
In the process we assure them that we are interested in the things that concern them, their fear, their children’s education and future aspirations. That is why at ELAC the heart is at the center of everything we do.
- We seek to create our products we a Heart.
- Desire to sell our policies with a Heart
- We are driven to pay claims with a Heart
- And serve our policy holders with Heart.
This we achieve by offering them INSURANCE SERVICE DELIVERY WITH A HEART.
Our strategy is to distribute life insurance through the traditional Agency Channel which has been core to our operations since inception.
We have since diversified our distribution through the Broker and Bank Channels.
To improve operations and our service delivery to our policyholders, we installed robust operational software which heighten our speed of operations and allow us to employ additional applications to enhance our operations.
Accordingly, ELAC introduced an interactive SMS that enables clients of ELAC access to some personal details on their policies via their mobiles phones 24hours 7days a week as well as the opportunity for client’s access their claims at the nearest Standard Chartered as soon as the claim has been approved and client notified via test messaging.
Individual Life Products
- Funeral Finance Plan
- Lifetime Needs Plan
- Educare Plan
- Family Income Protection Plan
- Life time Needs Plan
Group Life Products
- Group Funeral Plan
- Group Corporate life Plan
- Church Funeral Scheme.
- Voluntary Funeral Scheme
- Credit Life.
We pioneered and are currently the leader in Funeral Insurance. We pioneered the distribution Life Assurance through Broker and have signed seven (10) Broker Contracts.
We pioneered Bancassurance in Ghana and have contracts with Standard Chartered Bank, Barclays Bank
We pioneered the sales and agency channels for the sale of life Insurance
We are currently the only insurance company in Ghana that employs the use of a state of the art, robust information technology software named Orfeo that enables us process claims and access policy details within the shortest turn around time.
We introduced the first ever 24hour claim payment system with Standard Chartered Bank - CLAIM EXPRESS
We pioneered the Customer Service at your Doorstep platform.
We have presence in nine out of ten regions
ELAC Branches offices - Accra, Tema, Kumasi, Takoradi, Tema, Tamale, Koforidua, Cape Coast, & Sunyani.
All our branches are connected on our wide-area network.
ELAC has received a number of awards. These include.
Insurance company (LIFE) of the year 2011- CIMG *
- Leader in the Financial Services Sector- Ghana Club 100 for 2010-2011
- 3rd Most Prestigious company and highest ranked insurance company in Ghana- Ghana Club 100 for 2010-2011
- Gold Award – 4th Ghana Business and Financial Services excellence Awards, organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Trade & Industry.-2011
- Silver Award- 3rd Ghana Business and Financial Services Excellence Awards, organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Trade & Industry-2010
- CIMG life insurer of the Year- 2009
- Introduced the first ever SMS platform for accessing policy details in Ghana- ELAC QUICK ACCESS- 2009
- Cheetah Award – A Sanlam Group award for new business sales – 2009.
- Leopard Award- A Sanlam Group award for new business sales -2008
- Gold Award – 2nd Ashanti Financial Services Excellence Awards for best Insurance Company in Ghana organized under the auspices of the Manhyia Palace.
- Captured as the best preforming IFC Investment in Africa- Making the Difference magazine
- Pioneered the first ever alternative distribution channel for life insurance products in Ghana 2006- the Broker Channel
- Pioneered the sales and agency channels for the sale of life Insurance